4.5.10

Lost World




I was sleeping,
when the morn-bird cooed-
I was wandering
where the pepping sun stood.
When I awoke,
the world glittered bright and gay
ah! I missed the childhood
of a beautiful day!

 – Soumya Das


The poem is by one of my friends and colleagues Soumya Das... I love how simple and well-worded it is and so wanted to share with you ... and the photograph is from another friend's assimilated collection.  In his words this tiny little blue bird used to wait for them every morning perched on the thatched straw roof of their hut  in Dholavira, an ancient city dotted with ruins of the Indus Valley civilization ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. It was nice having you here. Have a good day.

Take care and come back soon.
Best, Tanusree

Like us

Printfriendly

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...