30.6.12

The Godfather Conversation !!

"The Godfather is the I-ching. The Godfather is the sum of all wisdom. The Godfather is the answer to any question. What should I pack for my summer vacation? "Leave the gun, take the cannoli." What day of the week is it? "Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday.""
the other day while Nishi  was going out for work... K and i waved at him from the window overlooking the driveway and suddenly i shouted out... "Can you get me a copy of The Godfather from the library." Nishi nodded and left. later in the evening he asked me why i had suddenly asked him for a copy of THE book... with a smile i replied... "well Joe Fox's dialogue from You've Got Mail about The Godfather had suddenly crossed my mind and i thought to myself that i better read the book before K grows up and the two of you start having exclusive father-son-Godfather-borrowed-conversations in which i'll be completely lost." :)

p.s : this conversation of ours crossed my mind while reading  a few articles about the talented Nora Ephron shared over at  A CUP OF JO.   hop over if you like and have a peek. they are nice reads for an idle Saturday morning..

confession: till yesterday i did not know who the writer/screenplay-writer was of  two of my all time favourite movies... When Harry Met Sally and You've Got Mail. not that it makes a difference any more... but i wish i had known earlier...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. It was nice having you here. Have a good day.

Take care and come back soon.
Best, Tanusree

Like us

Printfriendly

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...