and since it was a friend's birthday..... yesterday i tried out the white chocolate-lemon brownie ..... and believe me they were absolutely YUM !! soft, moist and chewy.... these brownies were a real treat... so while i munched on last piece of the brownie i thought i should share the recipe with you all.... just in case you haven't come across it as yet....
Ingredients for the brownies
6 tbsp butter (about 85gms)
11/2(4 oz) bars high quality white chocolate, cut into small pieces (I used Hershey's cookies and cream bar)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 eggs (i replaced this with 1/2 cup soft tofu pureed)
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon jest
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cups flour
White Chocolate Icing:
1/2 (4-oz) high quality white chocolate (/ Hershey's cookies and cream)
3 tsp milk
For the Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350F /180C. Grease 8x8-inch baking pan with butter.
- Combine 1 bar(4 oz) of white chocolate and butter and microwave for a minute or until the butter has melted.
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs/tofu and sugar until creamy.(with tofu this was really easy !)
- Beat in the melted chocolate-butter cream into this.
- Next beat in lemon juice, zest and salt to the batter.
- Add flour and beat until just combined.
- Stir in the remaining 1/2 bar of white chocolate pieces and pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Bake for 22 to 25 mins. if you are using eggs then you can check the doneness the usual way... i.e a wooden toothpick inserted should come out clean. If you are using tofu then the toothpick inserted should come out with moist crumbs and not clean.
- Remove from pan and let it cool for atleast two hours before you proceed with the icing.
For the icing:
- Break 1/2 bar of white chocolate into small pieces (cutting the pieces with a fork is easy); add milk to it and microwave for 15seconds. Stir the combination into a smooth paste and pour it over the brownie. Cool completely before cutting them into pieces.
- And now your brownies are ready to be enjoyed !
Happy Baking !!