6.6.10

to the city i had once belonged.........

few years back i had met you. and while we were beginning to become comfortable in each others company, circumstances had made me leave.... i had left while you were asleep. so i suppose you hadn't seen me cry.... i had always enjoyed being with you and hadn't want to leave so soon... at least not that way.... yet i had no choice... i had to leave that night .....

ever since... we have met many times and though i wished to talk about our last rendezvous i could not. the truth is i could not ever gather myself enough to confront me, confront you, look into your eyes and accept what had happened then... accept the reason why i had to flee.... accept the reason that changed the course of my life for me..... but i guess you knew it all along....for you were the one who had introduced me to the reasons that had eventually ruined my image for me....

today once again i gave it a try. i wished to face you, i wished to face myself. so i retraced back into those lanes that i had once paced and left. visited the familiar corners which i no more recognized for they wore a different façade. i sat down silently at the foot of a high-raised building gazing at the street-crowd.. and eventually  realized that the times had changed. and those strings that had held us once have now loosened their ties. i no longer  felt the same way about you. the good and bad memories that we had once shared have now begun to fade ... and i can no more erect in my mind your image of yonder days..... now you look like a stranger to me and i am glad about that..... for i feel... that in forgetting your image of yesterday, lies my hope of resurrecting the confidence and self-respect i had lost that night that day when i had left while you were sound asleep........

[images via google search and weheartit]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. It was nice having you here. Have a good day.

Take care and come back soon.
Best, Tanusree

Like us

Printfriendly

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...