16.12.09

A confession ..


These days I am reading 'Our Ancestors' by Calvino. More specifically, I am reading 'Baron in the Trees'(along side is a doodle of the baron by Calvino). And I am loving it !


A lot has already been said about it and there isn't much more that I can add save that I noticed a striking similarity in the weave of the life of Forest Gump and the Baron in the Trees.

However a line in the book has caught my fancy and triggered a chain of thoughts. It reads
"In fact, times were coming that were to be more tolerant , but also more hypocritical."
....And it started me thinking isn't that always true ? After all do we not always start pretending tolerance after a while?

I realized I do... don't you ?



[image by google search ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. It was nice having you here. Have a good day.

Take care and come back soon.
Best, Tanusree

Like us

Printfriendly

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...