Busy or not, come February
and I feel the urge to mix and blend
create something red...
something .... perfect for fourteenth Feb.....
Last year the urge stretched a little beyond.. so sometime in March toddler and I blended this lovely red smoothie and I, charmed by its hue, decided to call it the V-day smoothie... just because it was red and looked so valentine-y ;-) since February was long gone, I saved the recipe only to share it with you in good time...
So here's a lovely red smoothie that we created and loved. Hope you will try and love it too...
Roasted Beet, Cherry and Apple Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1/2 apple
- 15 dark sweet cherries, frozen
- 1/2 cup beet root (preferably oven-roasted)
- 1/4 cup celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste
- Put all the ingredients into the jar of a blender and blend till a smooth mixture is obtained.
- Pour into the glasses straight away or strain it and serve.
Few other recipes that would be perfect for breakfast on 14th feb....