4.1.14

Dressy Pasta Risotto # French Fridays with Dorie

This week the Doristas  were assigned to make Dressy Pasta "Risotto." With ingredients like cream and mascarpone cheese, nothing could really go wrong with this dish. It turned out exactly the way I had imagined it, dressy, creamy and gorgeous. 


What I liked best about this preparation was the fact that it is a one-pot-pasta. 
Contrary to most pasta preparations, the pasta does not have to be cooked separately. It is cooked in chicken broth in the same pan in which the onions have been sauteed.. much like a risotto.. and finally finished off  with a stir of heavy cream and a dressing of Parmesan and Mascarpone cheese. I added a handful of peas into the pan just to brighten up the dish and had half a mind to add some precooked bacon too.. But I am glad I didn't .. for the pasta was perfect by itself.  



I served it with some sauteed mushrooms and chicken... and thought they paired up well.. but had I been lunching alone I wouldn't have bothered for a side. I liked it just as it was... 


Visit French Fridays with Dorie to know what the other members thought about the pasta.

You can find a version of the recipe here . For Dorie's original recipe and more such delicious ones order your copies of Around the French Table from Amazon or from The Book Depository and join us as we cook our way through the book. 
 
You might also like:

11 comments:

  1. Great addition with the peas - this was perfect for customizing and making a meal out of the pasta.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your dish looks delicious! I've really enjoyed this one - and agree, a great way to have something really nice, but in one pan! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be so easy to complicate with other veggies and add-ins, but I love your pop of green with the peas and keeping it simple... it really is a lovely dish "plain" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, you really can't go wrong with this particular list of ingredients. There are so many ways to jazz up the basic recipe! I can't wait to eat this one again. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photograph! It looks so appetising! I really liked this recipe! I am going to make it again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of adding that hand full of peas. Great color and I imagine the taste was just fabulous. We loved it here as well and the kids asked me to make more tonight for dinner. That's when you KNOW they liked it :) Happy New Year ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I even think the peas here are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The peas look delicious! I was this close to adding them to my version too. I think that's why we loved this pasta so much - it's incredibly versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes - we all need more one pot dishes in our life, don't we? Love the peas too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The peas add a great splash of color. You're right, this used much fewer pots and bowls that mac & cheese usually does. I loved this one. Can't wait to make it agian.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. It was nice having you here. Have a good day.

Take care and come back soon.
Best, Tanusree

Like us

Printfriendly

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...