27.12.13

Mme. Maman’s Chopped Liver # French Fridays with Dorie

I like salmon. I had a slab in the freezer and until I turned to Pg 30 of the book (Around my French Table) this morning thought that I was having salmon for lunch. But then I read the recipe and  realized that the salmon had to be cured for at least 48 hours... Oh no ! Only last week I had promised myself not to miss any more French Fridays with Dorie and try to catch up with the rest of the Doristas and here I was... unprepared to cook the dish scheduled for this Friday. I decided to start the process anyway while I caught up on a December recipe that I had missed....  Mme. Maman’s Chopped Liver.


This one was fairly simple to prepare and reminded me of my mother's chicken liver recipe. Only hers has some fried potatoes and eggplants in addition to the browned onions and sauteed well seasoned chicken livers. Also  she finishes her dish with a sprinkle of black pepper instead of allspice.. and serves it right away with rice and lentils. 

Since I am used to having my chicken liver piping hot, in spite of the recipe, I couldn't wait for the chopped livers to chill. I served it at room temperature with a helping of sour cream and sister-in-law and I enjoyed it over steamed rice with a side of lentils.


Visit French Fridays with Dorie to know what the other members thought about onion carbonara.

You can find a version of the recipe here . For Dorie's original recipe and more such delicious ones order your copies of Around the French Table from Amazon or from The Book Depository and join us as we cook our way through the book.  

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. It was nice having you here. Have a good day.

Take care and come back soon.
Best, Tanusree

Like us

Printfriendly

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...