You might have noticed that for the past two weeks I have not been posting my cake for the week. well that is because I have not been baking any. over the last month or so I have put on a LOT of weight and i figured its time to cut down on the sugary treats. however since I love something sweet with my cup of morning tea, last week i decided to bake these healthy chickpea and peanut butter cookie dough bites from Texanerian Baking that I had bookmarked. but since there wasn't enough peanut butter in stock I substituted it with blanched almonds. the result was pretty good. can't call these cookies addictive because these are quite filling and you really cannot have more than one at a go. in fact if you are not a big eater, a single cookie with a glass of cold milk is good enough to take care of your breakfast, which might be a good thing if you are dieting.
Chickpea Almond Chocochip Cookie Dough Bites
- 11/4 cup boiled chickpeas
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 2 tsps vanilla essence
- 1 tsps baking powder
- 1/4 tsp pinch of salt
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chocochips
what i did
- first i preheated the oven to 350 degrees F.
- i then coarsely ground the almonds the in the blender. then adding all the ingredients except the chocochips to the ground almonds i blended the mixture until all the ingredients were well-combined.
- then removing the mixture from the blender i added the chocochips to the dough and shaping them into little patties placed them on a baking tray and baked for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- when i took the cookies out of the oven the surface facing up looked cracked. so i left the cookies out for about 5 minutes and then flipped each cookie and baked for another 4 minutes.
As this recipe includes chickpeas, I am linking it to the 60th edition of My Legume Love Affair, a food event that was created by Susan of The Well Seasoned Cook and is presently managed by Lisa of Lisa's Kitchen. This month Nupur of One Hot Stove is hosting the event.
also since these have been made from the scratch, I am sharing them at Made with Love Monday, a event hosted by Javelin Warriors of Javelin Warrior's Cooking w/Luv.