4.6.13

Chickpea almond chocochip cookie dough bites..

You might have noticed that for the past two weeks I have not been posting my cake for the week. well that is because I have not been baking any.  over the last month or so I have put on a LOT of weight and i figured its time to cut down on the sugary treats. however since I love something sweet with my cup of morning tea, last week i decided to bake these healthy chickpea and peanut butter cookie dough bites from Texanerian Baking that I had bookmarked. but since there wasn't enough peanut butter in stock I substituted it with blanched almonds. the result was pretty good. can't call these cookies addictive because these are quite filling and you really cannot have more than one at a go. in fact if you are not a big eater, a single cookie with a glass of cold milk is good enough to take care of your breakfast, which might be a good thing if you are dieting. 
now here's how i made these grain-free cookie dough bites...

Chickpea Almond Chocochip Cookie Dough Bites

ingredients
  • 11/4 cup boiled chickpeas
  • 1/2 cup blanched almonds
  • 2 tsps vanilla essence
  • 1 tsps baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp pinch of salt
  • 1/8 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup chocochips
what i did
  • first i preheated the oven to 350 degrees F. 
  • i then coarsely ground the almonds the in the blender. then adding all the ingredients except the chocochips to the ground almonds i blended the mixture until all the ingredients were well-combined.
  • then removing the mixture from the blender i added the chocochips to the dough and shaping them into little patties placed them on a baking tray and baked for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
  • when i took the cookies out of the oven the surface facing up looked cracked.  so i left the cookies  out for about 5 minutes and then flipped each cookie and baked for another 4 minutes. 
thats it ! a batch of 11 healthy breakfast cookie dough bites were ready to serve !

As this recipe includes chickpeas, I am linking it to the 60th edition of My Legume Love Affair, a food event that was created by Susan  of  The Well Seasoned Cook and is presently managed by Lisa of Lisa's Kitchen. This month Nupur of One Hot Stove is hosting the event. 


  
also since these have been made from the scratch, I am sharing them at Made with Love Monday, a event hosted by Javelin Warriors of Javelin Warrior's Cooking w/Luv.

17 comments:

  1. You always come up with striking combos Tanu :) Those cookies look very yum :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. my husband is a little wary of these striking combos!

      thankfully these cookies are turned out good.

      Delete
  2. How very unusual to see boiled chickpeas in a cookie recipe- thanks for the lovely entry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Nupur that was my first reaction to these. but they are pretty good :)

      Delete
  3. I've never used chickpeas for cookies before, but I can see how they would be very good that way - very healthful too! The addition of chocolate chips helps keep these tasty... Thanks so much for sharing with Made with Love Mondays and welcome to the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first time i used chickpeas in cookies. I tried them out of curiosity but they turned out pretty good.

      Delete
  4. Interesting to note the chickpeas into cookies. Sound exciting and sure it is because the pics says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never have thought to put chickpeas in cookies but I'm sure going to try this recipe.....Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like it Kathy. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  6. A biscuit and tea is such a treat, a healthy one is even better! Thanks for sharing on Hearth & Soul Hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Judy. tea with a good biscuit is a real treat any time of the day.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. These are unusual and ingenious and look great and they are being featured at My Meatless Mondays. Thanks for linking them up. I look forward to other great dishes from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chaya. Its always a pleasure to share at My Meatless Monday.

      Delete
  8. Baking regularly is a killer. I made muffins yesterday and I've almost eaten all 6. Thank you for sharing your healthier recipe with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious almond chcochip cookies Tanu.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been looking for chickpea recipes, and I think you just gave me the perfect one! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. It was nice having you here. Have a good day.

Take care and come back soon.
Best, Tanusree

Like us

Printfriendly

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...