my sis-in-law Sweta left sometime back. after an extremely busy 3-day Diwali preparation, right now i am feeling rather laid back... yesterday evening was good. few friends came over. some helped us light the lamps and others helped with the last moment decoration touch-ups. smog from the crackers that had been burnt had filled the air outside.. so we decided to celebrate a peaceful Diwali with lamps, diyas, time-less melodies by R.D Burman-Salil Choudhury, sweets and samosas....
A very big thank you to all our friends who made the evening special for us.....
Images, clockwise from the left: .
1. aum Ganesha namah !.
2. no décor can ever be complete without a touch of green
3. burning the midnight lamp preparing paper lamps, 4:00AM,4/11/10
4. sweta working on the lamp shade at 1:30 AM, 5/11/10
5. the golden embellishments .
6. the first look.... 3:30 A.M, 5/11/10
[few more pictures of Diwali Preparation, 2010 are displayed in the side-bar-slide-show]