12.11.10

Art Love...

me and husband are extremely fond of art. we visit art galleries whenever we can and often return with a bundle of art-prints ..... besides others, we both have developed a special appreciation for the strokes of Van Gogh and the forms of  Hussain.... so yesterday when while surfing online I came across this art event where serigraphs of Maqbool Fida Hussain and Sayed Haider Raza would be exhibited, I just knew where I would be this evening !   ... and so at 5pm today i and a friend were at Sumukha Gallery,  glaring at a wall with The British Raj at one end, Asoka at the other and an array of Hussain's Kerala-Jaisalmer and horses in between....

Kerala, Hussain

Since our print-collection does not have a Hussain yet I was hoping that today i would find one... but serigraphs were all that they had.... i however did not return empty-hand... for the gracious lady at the gallery handed to me a booklet of limited editions which had this message by Hussain in it....


                          it made me smile... for we are certainly the class with more taste than means......



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. It was nice having you here. Have a good day.

Take care and come back soon.
Best, Tanusree

Like us

Printfriendly

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...