12.10.10

Puja Greetings to all ....


just two more days to go before the dhakis start drumming their dhaks, before the sound of conches fill the air...           before  young girls and ladies wearing crisp new sarees crowd every inch of Kolkata... 
just a day to go before i land in Kolkata and immerse myself completely in the festivities of Durga puja ..  
.... my shopping is done. my bags are packed.  and i am all set to leave. On the pretext of my present work load I had earlier decided to stay back in Chennai. but festivals without family do not feel like festivals at all. so i made my tickets for home last week and i am leaving tomorrow... in less than 28 hours from now i'll be home... sitting in our drawing room couch sipping chai with ma as she shows me her puja shopping and i show her mine.... :)  I am 32, but even today puja vacations excite me as much as they used to when I was a little girl ..... I guess certain emotions never change or erode with time... they remain the same and bring back the good memories over and over again......

Hope you all have a wonderful time with family, friends and all your loved ones.... 
eat lots, drink healthy and make merry... catch you all after the pujas..... 

take care,
love, T



[the photograph was taken by Priyotosh at one of the puja pandals in Allahabad in 2008. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. It was nice having you here. Have a good day.

Take care and come back soon.
Best, Tanusree

Like us

Printfriendly

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...