10.12.13

Orange-Almond Tuiles # French Fridays with Dorie

I have to say, Orange-Almond Tuiles are one of the most elegant tea-time cookies I have ever tasted..


I got introduced to Tuiles recently and was pretty excited about baking them for French Fridays with Dorie. Though a little delicate and somewhat finicky, tuiles are always a delight to serve with tea. In the past I have tried Dorie's Translucent Maple Syrup tuiles and until Friday we thought that those are the best cookies we've ever had. But these tuiles are even better. They were simply delicious. Even the little one couldn't stop at one.



I must mention however that these cookies though made with pantry staples as flour, sugar, almond, butter and orange juice demand a  high degree of precision and some dexterity. Under all circumstances, the temperature settings and baking time has to be just right and the transfer from the cookie sheet to the rolling pin has to be swift. It took me a while to get the hang of it. I had mixed up half of the recipe and baked my first batch following the temperature and time settings suggested by Dorie. that did not work for me. it yielded a  batch of limp cookies which could not hold their shape around the rolling pin.. I baked the subsequent batches at higher temperatures and was able to make the perfect honeycombed tuiles only at the third go. Those are however not the ones you see. I baked the final batch a little after sunset and so could not photograph those. The ones you see are from the second batch that I baked at 340° F for 11 minutes. These weren't honeycombed but were perfect in every other respect. 

Visit French Fridays with Dorie to know what the other members thought about the tuiles.

You can find a version of the recipe here . However for Dorie's original recipe and more such delicious ones order your copies of Around the French Table from Amazon or from The Book Depository.


1 comment:

  1. Wow Tuiles looks sooo crispy ..I bet it would have tasted great .
    Event Announcement - Lets cook for christmas
    http://justnotthecakes.blogspot.com/2013/11/event-announcement-lets-cook-for.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. It was nice having you here. Have a good day.

Take care and come back soon.
Best, Tanusree

Like us

Printfriendly

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...